“Negative developments about wheat has been seen particularly in recent years and caused decreased competitiveness, increased costs and lower profit margins. Therefore obtaining quality products are harder those days. Therefore, it is vital to increase productivity and ensure sustainability. In order to achieve that, it is necessary to know raw materials comprehensively before buying and to determine on grinding techniques according to quality criteria of raw materials.”
The industrial production sector for food production became necessary because of population density and increasing employment rates. Bakery product production is also industrialized. They produce börek, pizza, phyllo pastry, flaked pastry, croissant, ravioli, lavsh, bread, cake and deliver to sales points to serve their customers. This article refers to quality management systems for the flour which is supplied to those companies.
There exists an unchanging for quality and branding
• Standard of the quality
If businesses realize those phases in the right way they will make substantial profits in the long term.
Maintaining standards with ensuring the quality
Negative developments about wheat has been seen particularly in recent years and caused decreased competitiveness, increased costs and lower profit margins. Therefore obtaining quality products is harder these days. I would like to underline some certain important points for quality:
• You have to know raw materials comprehensively before buying
• You have to determine on grinding techniques according to quality criteria of raw materials.
You may have obtained the desired quality and productivity for the flour if you pay attention to the following aspects:
• You can increase the quality of a wheat type with 11.5% protein to the standards of a wheat type with 12% by using the right grinding techniques.
• Performing extraction processes with sifting analysis methods at output points of B1-B2 rollers in order to obtain the desired product quality. You can perform this extraction process for each changing of wheat to obtain a standard quality for the product.
• You have to know the starch structure of the wheat and adjust the rollers according to the damage rate of the starch during grinding in order to ensure the quality.
• Ensuring rheological quality by mixing the end product with the right fortifier.
• Ensuring the food safety is also an element for the quality.
• In order to do this, you should determine CCP points and pre-requisite points in workflow process and maintain the quality with frequent controls.
Traceability in the quality standards
Quality management systems are developed according to an appropriate documentation and analysis system that is comply with national and international legal requirements and ensuring raw materials and all other materials to be completely controlled via an electronic medium from procurement of materials to the distribution of the end product.
Product safety is determined after hazard and risk analysis and according to control and tracking plans after these analysis in the scope of HACCP legal requirements.
Increasing efficiency and ensuring sustainability
To increase efficiency;
1-You should lower the unit cost of your products,
2-You should detect sources of loss appropriately and address them.
There may be various roots causing those losses like:
• Machinery performance (periodical maintenance/repairment)
• Staff performance (performance checking)
• Energy consumption (saving energy)
• Shipping (vehicle tracking systems and registry cards)
• Procurement (earning when buying)
Each businesses have to follow its competitors to find their place in the market. If you are curious about the second most successful company, you can see many candidates. But if you want to know the most successful one, we have the answer: Companies that ensure sustainable standard production without sacrificing quality.